The First Award!
I am taking a break from the blog post updates to share some exciting news with you. Well, exciting for me anyway.
Today I was nominated for an award for the first time – this is for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ award by Bullu. Hop over to her blog where she shares her travel experiences and some beautiful photographs. Thanks Bullu for the nomination.
My journey in the blogging world has been amazing so far. I keep learning and discovering new things every day and basically having a whole lot of fun.
So, in keeping with the rules of the award, here are seven random things about me.
- I don’t have an answer to the question “So tell me, where are you from?” I was born in New Delhi and since then have lived across 7 towns / cities (including going back to Delhi for studies). I am living in Bombay now while my parents live in Calcutta and my brother is in Colorado Springs, US. Yes, scattered living, I know.
- I love collecting boxes and notebooks.
- I hate waking up early, as you may have read about in some of my earlier posts.
- I am (almost) addicted to cola.
- I loved Coach Taylor (played by Kyle Chandler) in Friday Night Lights (the series). I think the show was one of the most underrated American TV shows (other shows which I think never got the kind of acclaim they should have include Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Parenthood).
- I can’t really watch horror movies. I “saw” Paranormal Activity 3 in the theater with my eyes closed and my hands on my ears for the most part.
- I bought a car without even knowing how to drive (and I have only just started learning to do that) .
Now for the nominations. These are a few blogs I have enjoyed reading over these last few months.
Project 365 by Kenneth Todd – Ken’s blog has some amazing pictures and I love the messages that he posts with his pictures. He is also doing a Project 365 and I am amazed at how he never seems to miss a day (while I have lost count of the number of days I have missed)!
Caffeinated and Random – You don’t have to be a coffee addict to enjoy Jenny’s blog. She writes about her daily dose of coffee, her favourite recipes, her shopping finds and her life with her Hubbster.
Joshi Daniel Photography – His photographs are outstanding and they capture beautiful moments, expressions and emotions.
Manipal Photo Blog – I got into photography only when I was about 25 years old and I am still learning new things. I am constantly amazed by the photographs taken by people much younger to me, as showcased on this blog. This blog captures pictures taken by students studying at Manipal University and they make for some great viewing.
Creme de la Craft – This blog has some really simple yet chic DIY projects made from easily available items.
Wit & Whistle – Amanda designs some seriously awesome paper stuff and her blog, where she talks about design, easy DIY things, recipes and life in general, is just as awesome.
Into the Mouth of Madness – Mala’s blog has some great pictures, usually from a different point of view.
Impressions of my World – Sonali has some stunning, mostly monochrome, pictures on her blog. I love the simple appeal of her pictures.
Hovercraftdoggy – Tom and Kat’s blog has a collection of some super brilliant photos and they almost always manage to make me smile.
Ian Spagnolo Photography – Ian is also doing a Project 365 and takes some really awesome photographs. I love his long exposure photographs.
Ankur I-View – I love my iPhone. Ankur does too. In fact, he loves it enough to maintain a photo blog of pictures taken on his iPhone. And a bunch of some really great pictures at that.
Sometimes I am such a Girl – Jaclyn is another iPhoneographer I follow. Her pictures are fun and highlight the fact that you do not always need a DSLR to take good pictures.
Experiments in Light – Andy’s blog captures pictures from his travels and he has recently completed his Project 365. When I started my photoblog in Jan 2012, he was one of the first followers and has had encouraging things to say. So, there, thank you Andy.
The Transfiguration – Just like Andy, the Umbrella Man has encouraged me and helped me along the way. His blog captures snippets from his daily life and his insights on everyday things. And for your encouragement, thank you.
Broken Light: A Photography Collective – This blog displays works by artists who live with mental illness. For that initiative alone, I would choose them for this award. But they make it easier by showcasing some great photography. The photographs are at many times dark and haunting but they always leave you with an impression.
Ok, this has now turned into a massive post.
Anyway, here are the rules for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Include the links to their blogs
- Include the award image in your post
- Copy the award image to your site
- Give seven random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
- When nominating other bloggers include the links to their sites, and
- Let those bloggers know they’ve been nominated!